Monday, August 29, 2011

With special thanks to Jewel…

Tonight, for the first time EVER (at least that I can remember), Little Bear fell asleep on her own. As you know, it’s been a long road and I am sure, had we let her “cry it out,” we would have gotten here faster. Since my last sleep post, we put the side back on the crib. We started following a fairly strict bedtime routine beginning at 6:30 pm and ending with one of us sitting in her dark room as she fell asleep in the crib. To be sure, there was a little crying here, but it was angry crying, we were never out of her sight, and it didn’t ever last long. Sometimes, we would only have to sit for ten minutes, other times, an hour.

And then tonight, I went and stood by the door for awhile (channeling Supernanny again). She didn’t seem to mind, so I opened the door and stepped into the hallway. Still no fussing. I walked out and closed the door and… fifteen minutes later, she was out. Granted, she did take her pants off somewhere in there but you can’t have everything.

Monitor

 

So there she is. Our sweet sleeper. It’s bittersweet, but it makes me proud for all of us. Proud that she is able to fall asleep on her own, and proud that we didn’t ever have to resort to letting her CIO. It only took 16 months. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment