Monday, May 23, 2011

First walk to the mailbox.

I know I’ve been slacking lately. Work has been sucking the life out of me and Little Bear has been sick which means that at the end of the day, Mama is out of energy. So I’ll pick up here and tell you all that in the past few days, Little Bear has become a WALKER! She’s been taking steps for a month or so now, but only recently has she seemed to prefer walking as her mode of transportation. Tonight we walked to the mailbox together. She had to stop and look at EVERYTHING, from sticks and flowers to her feet and her shadow. The curb was very exciting and we practiced going up and down several times until I got tired! The driveways cut into the sidewalk were a bit of a challenge (the slope threw off her balance) but she enjoyed it and the entire trip (maybe 25 yards) only took about that many minutes!

Walk 1

Melt

Curb

Walk 2

Only one slightly skinned knee (which I feel TERRIBLE) about…

First skinned knee

But a Hello Kitty Band-Aid from Auntie M made it all better!

All better

No comments:

Post a Comment