Thursday, February 17, 2011

My little girl

Somehow, sometime in the last nine months, Little Bear has turned into a toddler. She doesn’t speak or walk yet but this last week has left me wondering where my baby went. First of all, we’re buying  18 month clothes for her. Her arms and legs are just so long that she won’t fit right into 12 month sizes. I was in Target the other day and I had to turn to the toddler section for clothes. Papa laughed at me for getting teary eyed but those tiny little onesies have all but disappeared into my memory.

And then today, I took her to a local café that has a little indoor play area. Well, it’s not actually that little, but you get my point. Little Bear was all over the place, and certainly holding her own with the two and three year olds that were there. She even grabbed a (miniature) shopping cart and started pushing it around! I am just in awe of how quickly she is learning and growing. Soon we will see first steps, and first words…

I try each day to be thankful for whatever stage she’s in and to appreciate all the new things she is learning to do. I am excited to see her grow, but sad when each day has passed us by. Torn between wanting one more moment with my baby and wanting to discover the person she is becoming right along with her.

And by all that, I mean to say, here, look at these pictures. Enjoy today just as much as I have!

Shopping

Play

Excited

Orange and Blue

Blue Eyes

Reach

Hands

P.S. The new diaper cover fit! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment