Sunday, February 27, 2011

New project (are you surprised?)

I partly blame Papa because he is the one that enables me on all my projects. Meanwhile, the house literally looks like a tornado hit it. But, despite my lack of time and, more importantly, sewing skills, I’ve decided to make a crib set for Little Bear. By “crib set” I mean bumper, skirt, window valance, curtains, and maybe sheets if everything else goes well. Ooh, or maybe a baby blanket… I didn’t think of that before. Anyway, this is as far as I got tonight. Pretty good, if I do say so myself!

This is the pattern I’m using:

Pattern

And these are pieces of the bumper that I have cut out so far. I’m replacing the flowers in the pattern with buttons (in case the next little one is a boy) but other than that, everything is the same. I’m excited to see how it all turns out! (All the fabric is inside out… I didn’t notice that until just now!)

Bumper 1

Of course, at the same time, I’m already planning out what her “big kid” room will look like when baby #2 comes along (not anytime soon, don’t panic). I am sort of opposed in principle to “bedroom sets” but I love love love this one from Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment