Monday, January 3, 2011

Finally caught up.

Well here it is day three and I’ve caught up with my 365 project. I promise, I won’t talk about it all the time. However, as I said before, it is a way for me to write and photograph (two things which I enjoy doing) more often. Today’s photograph is of our family room decorated for Christmas. I have sort of a love/hate relationship with my house. We bought a foreclosure that needed a LOT of work. Mostly cosmetic things, which is what I told myself when we bought it, but we don’t have a ton of money to throw at it all at once so lots of those cosmetic things still need to be done. I know, we are trying to “live like no one else” but it’s hard sometimes, not being able to buy new furniture, carpet, landscaping etc. Anyway, Papa recently got a great deal on Craigslist for some used IKEA furniture and we were able to rearrange our family room. With the wainscoting finally up (that one wasn't put off because of a lack of money, it was because of a lack of time and energy!) and the Christmas tree decorated, I actually love the room! This is a big thing for me. I love spending time by the roaring fire, cuddling up in the (used) recliner, and watching Lily play on the floor. New furniture will come later, but for now, I’m happy.

Living Room

No comments:

Post a Comment