Thursday, January 6, 2011

Redecorating, Target style

I’ve decided lately that my bedroom needs a facelift. When we moved in here, I decided I wanted somewhere cheerful to wake up. Light yellow walls, medium tone wood furniture, flowered bedspread, happy pictures… but since I’ve had Little Bear, I find myself needing a little less “cheerful” and a little more “relaxing.” Like a hotel room. So with some of my Christmas money I went out and bought a new bedspread set from Target. It was inexpensive, but I think it’s elegant and it will do the job. Am I grasping at straws? Maybe. Have I been overzealous with the pillows? Maybe. Now, I just need to pick some new paint, swap out some of the pictures, and add some artfully placed candles and decorations. It will be my haven, amidst all the baby clothes, board books, and plastic toys.

IMG_0052

Ok, the carpet is still teal and the kennel is still in the corner, but it’s something, isn’t i? And for that, I am grateful.Blog Signature 2 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment