Saturday, January 1, 2011

The little things… my 365 project

I’ve decided to start a “My 365” project. Ambitious, I know, but isn’t that what the New Year is about? Basically what this entails is taking and posting a picture every day. Some people give themselves more guidelines than that but really, I think this is enough. Also, I’d like to get back into writing more. Since Little Bear has been born, I often feel like my brain has turned to mush. It is difficult to track conversations, respond to questions about my life (especially if I want the answer to have anything to do with anything BESIDES Little Bear), and think into the future at all. Listening to NPR on the way to work has helped some. At least now, when I’m struggling to be coherent, I can call on my old friends Casey NcGriff and Christian Fodenventzel (this is only funny if you live here in the PacNW) for material. All that being said, here is my first picture. I’m cheating a little and back-dating this entry but I can’t wait another year to start this just because I didn’t get the idea on January 1st, can I?

Eyelash

I am in love with every part of Little Bear. Even the drippy, scratchy, and crying parts of her but I am especially in love with her eyelashes. When she was born, she didn’t have any at all. I thought it odd but was willing to overlook such minor details. As she has grown, though, so have they and how she has these big beautiful curls. It’s really too bad the rest of her hair hasn’t followed suit. In any case, I thought it fitting to start such a big project with such a small detail of my baby. Off to a good start, I think. Stay posted for tomorrow’s picture (which, of course, I will post tonight since in “real time” it’s already January 3rd!)

No comments:

Post a Comment