Monday, January 17, 2011

Playing catch-up…

We just got back from a long weekend at the beach house where we were without internet (except, of course, our trusty BlackBerries) for several days. I almost posted an update from my phone until I found out I couldn’t post pictures and then my entry got deleted so upon further consideration, it just wasn’t worth it. So, without further ado, here we go:


Thursday

Despite what is essentially a triple planning period in the afternoon, Thursday rushed by maniacally. BUNCO Thursday night and then straight to bed so I’d be ready for Friday. While I was running around packing for the beach, I sat Little Bear in her high chair with some Cheerios (new favorite finger food). They weren’t cutting it, though, excitement-wise so I put “Up” on the TV. We’ve sort of had the television on periodically in her general vicinity but she hasn’t shown much interest in watching except for a few seconds at a time. And then my mommy guilt kicks in and I turn it off.

TV

I left her there for about 10 minutes this time, just long enough to throw some things in the laundry, feed the dog, and use the restroom and then of course felt bad about it the rest of the night. Is mommy guilt directly proportionate to the length of the guilt-ridden activity? There’s got to be some sort of a study out there…


Friday

After taking care of a few things on Friday morning, we headed out to the coast. The weather in town was cool and clear and I looked forward to a nice-ish weekend with plenty of fresh air… perfect tor tired moms and growing babies. Unfortunately, when we got there it was cold and rainy rainy rainy! As a result, Little Bear spent much of the weekend staring out at all that nice fresh air, instead of spending time in it.

Window 2


Saturday

Papa has been a bit sad lately that Little Bear seems to find more comfort in me than she does in him. I assure him that it’s just the age and the fact that, well, I smell like dinner but I can tell it’s still hard. But when he comes in the room, she gets the biggest smile on her face that I can almost never get out of her.

Papa 2

Mark my words, readers, this one is a papa’s girl through and through.


Sunday

More  rain today and lots of creative play inside. Also, more gazing out the window at the wind blowing through the grass.

Gazing


Monday (today)

FInally, the day dawned clear(ish). We took a morning walk to Pig n Pancake and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast before packing up. I just can’t get enough of the beach and would really love a house of my own there one day. I guess I’ll just add it to the list after raised flower beds, a new carpet, and college tuition for Little Bear and all her siblings. More beach pictures tomorrow. For now, my bed is calling and Tuesday morning is coming way too fast!

Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment